Min Yoongi is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter known as a member of K-pop group, BTS, Bangtan Boys. The 1.75m tall rapper, better known by his nicknames Suga or August D, is the main rapper of the group. He debuted as a member of BTS on June 13, 2013 on Mnet’s M! Countdown with the track Plus de rêve, from their debut album 2 Cool 4 Stool
Before becoming a member of BTS, he worked underground in a group called D-Town as a rapper under the nickname Gloss. With D-Town, he released a song titled 518-062 to commemorate the Gwangju uprising in 2010. Min was featured as a dancer in Jo Kwon’s I Am the Chosen One Music Video .
Min writes, composes, arranges, mixes and masters his material. He wrote many BTS hits, including Jump Tomorrow and Like Plus, due to his songwriting skills, the group became the first K-pop group to win a Billboard Award in 2017.
See also: Lil Yachty Wiki, Net worth, Height, Real Name, Wiki, Girlfriend, Gay
The group went on to win series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) and the “Best Social Artist” award at the Billboard Music Awards (BBMA). They released a Japanese album titled Awake and a South Korean recording titled Dark and Wild in 2014.
Min is also a pianist and produces hip-hop music. He credits Epik High and his reggae-hip-hop hybrid album Muffin ragga for igniting his interest in the genre. Min has more than 60 songs registered to her name, which are accredited with the Korea Music Copyright Association, and her lyrics are based on themes full of dreams and hopes, destined to become people’s strength. He embarked on a solo career and released his first mixtape, August D in 2016 and saw his music take over the world within 10 years.
Min Yoongi Biography, Family
Min Yoongi was born on March 9, 1993 in Daegu, South Korea, to his older brother, Min Jun Ki, who he doesn’t talk to much. He went to Taejeon Elementary School, Gwaneum Middle School, and Apgujeong High School. Min Yoongi started music in 6th grade, learned classical composition in middle school, and has been writing music ever since. He attended Global Cyber University and majored in Broadcast Arts.
Information about his parents cannot be gathered as he hardly talks about it, but not without mentioning that he came from a poor house. His parents did not initially support him in his chosen career and would prefer him to become a civil servant and lead a stable life. But, they now give him their full support and have described him as a child worthy of their pride.
See Also: G Herbo Biography, Girlfriend, Age, Net, Gay, Family, Facts
Besides music, another thing that this star is interested in is basketball. He won several basketball games in school and played every Sunday when he was a trainee. He has usually played as a playmaker or keeper and is better in defense than in attack. His position as a shooting guard earned him his nickname of Suga which was invented from the first syllables. He is cute, kind, has a charming smile and a delicate gaze that matches his nickname.
Min Yoongi Facts
- Her hobby is cooking and her favorite food is meat.
- He is honest and direct and always speaks up if he feels something is wrong.
- Suga manages stress by writing lyrics crazily.
- Whenever he is angry, he listens to Rick Ross’s words. Hold me back
- Suga’s favorite number is three and his favorite color is white.
- He masters several dialects of the Korean language, poor in Japanese, but English is difficult for him.
- He likes dogs, likes to take pictures and has a habit of biting his nails.
- Suga may be lazy but hardworking when it comes to making music.
- He has no tattoos on his body but uses stickers.
- He is the best athlete in the group and he is good in all sports.
- Suga scolds the younger members when they make a mistake that earned him the name Grandpa.
- He decided to pursue a career in music after hearing Stony Skunk ‘Ragga Muffin’ in 6th grade.
- He thinks his legs are nice and he would like to be a radio DJ.
- His models are Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Wayne, Hit-Boy.
- Suga wrote the song ‘아요’ (Like It) in less than 40 minutes.
- His ideal wife is one who understands and loves the hip-hop trend and when he has a lover, Suga wants him to listen to the songs he writes.
- He doesn’t mess with three things: sleep, quiet places, and places with no people.
- Suga’s favorite time in his daily life is when he is working alone.
- He dislikes these 3 things: Dancing, noisy places and crowded places.
Her devise is; Let’s live having fun. Making music as a hobby and doing it in a different way.