Ken Blanchard Biography
Ken Blanchard is an American author. His extensive writing career includes over 60 published books, most of which are co-authored books. His most successful book, The One Minute Manager, has sold over 13 million copies and been translated into many languages.
Ken Blanchard Age
Kenneth Hartley Blanchard was born on May 6, 1939, City of Orange, NJ. He is 80 years as of 2019.
Ken Blanchard Wife
Blanchard is also the Chief Spiritual Officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Marjorie Blanchard, co-founded in 1979 in San Diego, California.
Ken Blanchard Books
- 1982-The One Minute Manager
- 1997-Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization Kenneth H. Blanchard
- 2006-Leading at a Higher Level
- 1985-Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership
- 2002-Whale Done!
- 2002-Raving Fans
- 2003-Lead Like Jesus
- 1993-Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service
- 2018-Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results
- 2004-The Secret: What Great Leaders Know – and Do
- 1996-Legendary Service: The Key is to Care
- 1999-Heart of a Leader
- 2009-Helping People Win at Work: A Business Philosophy Called “Don’t Mark My Paper, Help Me Get an A”
- 2012-Great Leaders Grow: Becoming a Leader for Life
- 1999-Leadership by the Book: Tools to Transform Your Workplace
- 2017-One Minute Mentoring: How to Find and Work With a Mentor–And Why You’ll Benefit from Being One
- 1985-One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey
- 2010-Lead with LUV: A Different Way to Create Real Success
- 2009-Who Killed Change? Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change 2008-The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
- 2015-Refire! Don’t Retire: Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life 2016-Lead As Jesus Revisited
- 2013-Trust Works! Four Keys to Building Lasting Relationships
- 2004-Customer Mania! It’s Never Too Late to Build a Customer-Focused Company
- 1981-Putting the One Minute Manager to Work
- 2002-Generosity Factor: Discover the Joy of Giving Your Time, Talent, and Treasure 1988-The Power of Ethical Management
- 1995-Everyone’s A Coach: Five Business Secrets for High-Performance Coaching 2005-The Simple Truths of Service: Inspired by Johnny the Bagger
- 1996-Managing by Values
2000-High Five! CD
- 1994-Empowerment Takes More Than a Minute
- 1999-The One Minute Manager Balances Work and Life: Invaluable Advice for Getting the Most Out of Life
- 2008-The 4th Secret of the One Minute Manager: A Powerful Way to Make Things Better
- 2007-The Mulligan: A Parable of Second Chances
- 2009-Whale Done Parenting: How to Make Parenting a Positive Experience for You and Your Kids
- 2005-The Leader Within: Learning Enough about Yourself to Lead Others
- 2006-Un lider Como Jesus
- 2002-The One Minute Apology: A Powerful Way to Make Things Better
- 2005-Clientes Incondicionales
- 2013-Lead Your Family Like Jesus: Powerful Parenting Principles from the Creator of Families
Ken Blanchard Companies
The Ken Blanchard Companies® is the global leader in management training. For nearly 40 years, Blanchard® has been creating the best managers in the world, training over 150,000 people each year.
Ken Blanchard Situational Leadership
Situational Leadership Theory, or Situational Leadership Model, is a model that was developed by Paul Hersey and Ken Blanchard while working on Organizational Behavior Management. The theory was first introduced as “leadership’s life cycle theory” in 1969. Life-cycle leadership theory was renamed “Situational Leadership Theory” in the mid-1970s.
Situational leadership emerged as one of a related group of two-factor leadership theories, many of which originated from research at the University of Ohio State in the 1960s. These two-factor theories argue that leadership style possibilities are composed of two main variables combined: task behavior and relationship behavior. These two concepts are described in various terms, such as initiating structure or direction for task behavior and consideration or supporting relationship behavior. Related leadership models include the Managerial Grid for Blake and Mouton and the 3D Theory for Reddin.
Ken Blanchard Quotes
Ken Blanchard Servant Leadership
In this episode of the Blanchard LeaderChat podcast, we speak with Ken Blanchard, co-editor of the new book, Servant Leadership in Action. … Instead, he sees it as a movement—a shift from leadership that is self-focused to one that is others-focused. “The world is in desperate need of a new leadership model.
Ken Blanchard One Minute Manager
The One Minute Manager is a very short book by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson. The brief volume tells a story, recounting three techniques of an effective manager: one-minute goals, one-minute praisings, and one-minute reprimands. Each of these takes only a minute but is purported of lasting benefit
Ken Blanchard Raving Fans
With a new foreword by Ken Blanchard A straightforward and snappy guide to successful customer service from the author of the bestselling The One Minute Manager.
Ken Blanchard Lead Like Jesus
The business spotlight hit Ken Blanchard in the 1980s with the phenomenal success of “The One-Minute Manager, co-authored with Spencer Johnson. While his reputation among secular professionals worldwide
Ken Blanchard Leadership Styles
Ken Blanchard Servant Leadership Quotes
“If you catch yourself doing things right, everything in your life will improve—especially your relationships. That’s because it’s fun to be around people who like themselves.”
“Someone saw potential in me, invested in my life, and helped me understand that the rewards of becoming a serving leader were far greater than being a self-serving one. I guess you could say I had a change of heart.”
“A truly great and enduring vision will extend beyond the leadership season of any one individual and be carried in the hearts and minds of those to whom it has been entrusted.”
“One of the things great leaders do is establish, articulate, model, and enforce core values.” So”
“Goals make clear what is most important to focus on, Praisings build confidence that helps you succeed, and Re-Directs address mistakes. And all three of these help people feel better about themselves and produce good results.”
“It’s only when you realize that it’s not about you that you begin to lead at a higher level.”
“What you resist, persists. Until you deal with your feelings, you will be stuck with them.”
“What we give our attention to, grows. —Ken Blanchard, Thad Lacinak, Chuck Tompkins, and Jim Ballard Whale Done!™ The more attention you pay to a behavior, the more it will be repeated. Accentuating the positive and redirecting the negative are the best tools for increasing productivity.”
“Successful people do work hard, but they also think before they act. They are proactive, not just reactive. Most people mentally have a sign on their desk that reads, “Don’t just sit there—do something!” The best advice I ever received was to revise the sign to read, “Don’t just do something—sit there!”
“Scripture is the holy Word from the holy God, delivered by holy men, to teach holy truths and to make people holy.”
“The importance of day-to-day coaching comes to mind when I think of my favorite college teacher. He was always getting into trouble with the dean and other faculty members because on the first day of class he would hand out the final examination. The rest of the faculty would say, ‘What are you doing?’ He’d say, ‘I thought we were supposed to teach these students.’ They’d say, ‘You are, but don’t give them the questions for the final exam.’ He’d say, ‘Not only am I going to give them the questions for the final exam, but what do you think I’m going to teach them all semester?’” “He”
“Leading at a higher level is the process of achieving worthwhile results while acting with respect, care, and fairness for the well-being of all involved. It’s only when you realize that it’s not about you that you begin to lead at a higher level.”
“If you can’t tell me what you’d like to be happening”, he said, “you don’t have a problem yet. You’re just complaining. A problem only exists if there is a difference between what is actually happening and what you desire to be happening.” (p.20)”
“Habits Your habits are how you renew your daily commitment as a leader to serve rather than to be served. As a leader committed to serve despite all the pressures, trials, and temptations He faced, how did Jesus replenish His energy and servant perspective? His habits! Through a life pattern of solitude and prayer, knowledge of the will of God expressed in His Holy Word, and the community He shared with a small group of intimate companions, Jesus was constantly refreshed and renewed.”
“Leading people is the opposite of trying to control them; it’s about gaining their trust through your integrity, developing their potential through your partnership, and motivating them through your affirmation.”
Ken Blanchard Jobs
To view some of the jobs offered click here
Ken Blanchard Self Leadership
The Ken Blanchard Companies’ Self Leadership development program is designed to create and foster self empowerment and engaged leaders at all levels in business.
Ken’s writing career includes more than 60 books and hundreds of keynote speeches. Some of his most notable books include:
- The One Minute Manager (co-authored with Spencer Johnson), which has sold over 13 million copies and has been translated into 37 languages. It has been shown repeatedly to have been plagiarized at length from the original research of a former colleague of Blanchard and Johnson, Arthur Elliott Carlisle, who has never been acknowledged by Blanchard and Johnson as anything more than a subordinate co-author. The book was pointed out with 40% of plagiarism of Carlisle’s article “MacGregor”.
- Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service (1993)
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership® (1985) (in which he coined the term seagull manager)
- Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization (1997)
- Whale Done! The Power of Positive Relationships (2002)
- Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations (2006).
Ken Blanchard Net Worth
He stands at a height of $13 Million
Ken Blanchard Twitter
Tweets by kenblanchard