James Redford was a filmmaker and a social activist who was known for his impactful documentaries and socially conscious films. He worked as a producer and director for almost 2 decades and had a long career in show business.
Redford passed away on October 16, 2020, due to liver cancer in Marin County, California, USA. He was survived by his wife of 32 years and his 2 children.
Quick Facts: James Redford Cause Of Death: How Did Robert Redford’s Son Die? Facts On Wife And Family
|Birthday||May 5, 1962|
|Age||58 (at the time of death)|
|Parents||Robert Redford and Lola Van Wagenen|
|Net Worth||$100,000 – $1 Million|
|Wife||Kyle Redford (widowed)|
James Redford, a filmmaker, activist and son of actor Robert Redford, has died at age 58. His wife says he died of liver cancer. https://t.co/eyqoRUgfXS
— The Associated Press (@AP) October 20, 2020
10 Facts About James Redford
- James Redford was born on May 5, 1962, according to IMDb, and his age was 58 years old at the time of his death in 2020.
- Similarly, the star was born in the USA to father Robert Redford and mother Lola Van Wagenen.
- James’ father is a legend of the entertainment industry who has had a long and decorated career in show business.
- His wife Kyle Redford had been married to him for more than 32 years, they tied the knot around 1988. Together, they gave birth to kids Dylan Redford and Lena Redford.
- Information on his net worth is not available but the filmmaker’s fortune was estimated at $100,000 to $1 million by many online sources. His father on the other hand has a net worth of $170 million.
- James passed away on October 16, 2020, after a long battle with liver cancer. He was also diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis which forced him to get two liver transplants.
- His battle with liver disease inspired him to open the James Redford Institute for Transplant Awareness.
- The news of his death was revealed by his widow Kyle.
- The New York native had was raised in NYC and studied at the Dalton School, he later went to the University of Colorado.
- He was a well-known filmmaker who made documentaries rather than feature films and commercial films.