Nigeria has produced numerous graduates from public and private Universities alike. These Universities have over time gained popularity have received notable world rankings.
The private Universities have gained popularity in terms of excellent academic performance and timely academic calendars.
The best private University in Nigeria is the Covenant University with a world ranking of 1401.
This University is owned by a well-respected Nigerian pastor, Bishop David Oyedepo and has experienced a steady growth in excellence.
Built on a solid moral foundation, the school has a vision of becoming the leading World-Class Christian Mission University with a commitment to raise a new generation of leaders in all fields of human endeavor.
Covenant University has bagged several awards on academic excellence and still maintains the momentum for more success.
The School has well established programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, part time as well as distance learning studies to cater for a variety of students.
The school comprises of the following colleges:
- College of Business and Social Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Leadership Development Studies
- College of Science and Technology
- School of Postgraduate Studies
The Colleges have state of the art equipment and teaching gadgets to provide the best teaching and research methods for their students.
There is also a well-stocked electronic library with students given access to electronic databases and online journals.
Each student has access to wireless hot spots in the library, the laboratories, wireless LAN enabled devices found in laptops, desktops fitted with wireless cards and handheld devices; they can thus connect seamlessly to both the intranet and internet.
The University is also equipped with a state of the art health facility made available for staff, students, church members and the general public. The services provided include:
- 24-hour General Outpatient Clinic and Emergency Service
- Antenatal Clinic (Tuesdays; 8am- 2pm)
- Dental Clinic (Mondays- Fridays; 8am- 4pm)
- Laboratory Services: 24-hour service
- Public Health Services: family planning and immunization
- In-Patient Care: 35-bed ward (includes separate male and female wards)
- Pharmaceutical Services for daily prescriptions and dispensing: 24-hour service
- Visual care: eye screening, prescription of eye glasses
- Surgical services
- 24-hour Ambulance Service